On Thursday 16th May 2019 I am leading another in my series of guided walks from the Wiltshire Village of Pitton.
Time: Meet at the Silver Plough car park at 15.15start.
This circular walk is just under seven miles and follows footpaths from Pitton to Farley and on to East Grimstead to reach Bentley Wood, returning via Houndwood.
The Silver Plough will be open for refreshments when we return.
Is this walk suitable for me?
- The walk will cover approximately seven miles.
- There are a couple of stiles to climb.
- There are no steep ascents.
- There is a short steep descent back into Pitton.
- The route is mainly on footpaths and tracks, with two short road sections in Farley and at The Livery.
How long will it take?
- Walking as a group means we walk at a pace suitable for all.You should allow between 2.5 and 3 hours for the walk.
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes well-behaved dogs are allowed. But must be kept on a lead through woodland to protect ground nesting birds.
How much will it cost?
There is no charge to join the walk. But donations to my Walk 2,019 Miles Challenge in support of The Trussell Trust would be appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/two-dogs-and-an-awning
How do I join the walk?
Please let me know you are coming so I know how many to expect on the day.
Contact Details: [email protected]
© Two Dogs and an Awning (2019)