On Tuesday 19th March 2019 I am leading another in my series of guided walks from the Wiltshire Village of Pitton.
Time: Meet at the Silver Plough car park for a prompt 15.30 start.
This circular walk is just over six miles and follows the Clarendon Way footpath from Pitton to Winterslow before returning to Pitton through Hound Wood and Church Copse.
The Silver Plough will be open for refreshments when we return.
Is this walk suitable for me?
- The walk will cover approximately six miles.
- There are no stiles to climb.
- There are no steep ascents.
- There is a short steep descent back into Pitton.
- The route is mainly on footpaths and tracks, with two short road sections in Winterslow.
- At this time of the year sections of the route might be muddy so please wear suitable footwear and be prepared for wet weather.
How long will it take?
- Walking as a group means we walk at a pace suitable for all. You should allow about 2.5 hours.
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes well-behaved dogs are allowed. But must be kept on a lead through woodland.
- Please pick up after your dog!
How much will it cost?
There is no charge to join the walk. But donations to my Walk 2,019 Miles Challenge in support of The Trussell Trust would be appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/two-dogs-and-an-awning
How do I join the walk?
Please let me know you are coming so I know how many to expect on the day.
Contact Details: [email protected]