On Thursday 13th December 2018 I am leading another in my series of guided walks from the Wiltshire Village of Pitton.
Time: Meet at the Pitton Village Hall car park for a prompt 10.30 start.
This circular walk is just under seven miles and follows footpaths from Pitton through Hound Wood and Bentley Wood to reach Winterslow, returning to Pitton on the drove across the downs.
Is this walk suitable for me?
- The walk will cover approximately seven miles.
- There are no stiles to climb.
- There are no steep ascents / descents.
- The route is mainly on footpaths and tracks, with short road section in Winterslow.
- At this time of the year sections of the route might be muddy so please wear suitable footwear and be prepared for wet weather.
How long will it take?
- Walking as a group means we walk at a pace suitable for all. You should allow about 2.5 to 3 hours.
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes well-behaved dogs are allowed. But must be kept on a lead through woodland.
- Please pick up after your dog!
How much will it cost?
There is no charge to join the walk. But donations to my Walk 2,018 Miles Challenge in support of The Trussell Trust would be welcome: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/two-dogs-and-an-awning
How do I join the walk?
Please let me know you are coming so I know how many to expect on the day.
Contact Details: [email protected]