To celebrate the Ordnance Survey National GetOutside day on Sunday 30th September I am leading a 5 mile guided circular walk from the Wiltshire village of Pitton through the Clarendon Estate. Along the way we make a slight detour to visit the historic remains of Clarendon Palace, a 12thCentury Royal Palace.
This walk also has the added bonus of tea/coffee and cake at the end!
Date: Sunday 30thSeptember 2018 (National Get Outside Day)
Time: Meet at Pitton Village Hall car park at 12.15 for a prompt 12.30 start.
This is the 5 mile circular walk through Clarendon Estate, with a short diversion to visit the remains of Clarendon Palace.
Is this walk suitable for me?
- The walk will cover approximately five miles.
- There are no stiles to climb.
- There are no steep ascents / descents.
- The route is mainly on footpaths and tracks, with a short section on road in Pitton.
How long will it take?
- Walking as a group means we walk at a pace suitable for all. You should allow about 2.5 hours (including time to rest and view Clarendon Palace).
- The aim will be to return to the Village Hall for tea and cake soon after 15.00.
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes well-behaved dogs are allowed. But must be kept on a lead through Clarendon Estate.
- Please pick up after your dog!
How much will it cost?
There is no charge to join the walk. But donations to my Walk 2,018 Miles Challenge in support of The Trussell Trust would be welcome: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/two-dogs-and-an-awning
There will be a charge for tea/coffee and cake with all proceeds going to the Trussell Trust.
How do I join the walk?
Please let me know you are coming so that we can arrange enough tea and cake!
Email Contact Details: [email protected]
Can I come just for tea/coffee and cake?
Yes. If you feel unable to take part in the walk, but would like to join the returning walkers for tea/coffee and cake you are welcome at the village hall at 15.15. But please do let me know you are coming!
11th September 2018
© Two Dogs and an Awning (2018)